SIP Connections are used to configure inbound traffic and authentication for one or more phone numbers. A connection is needed to authenticate your client with our sip proxy (sip.telnyx.com).
You can choose between the following types of authentication:
- Credentials (Username & Password): Inbound and Outbound
- IP address : Inbound and Outbound
- FQDN (Inbound) + Credentials (Outbound)
- FQDN (Inbound) + IP address (Outbound)
- Minimize latency by anchoring call media to a specific PoP in order to ensure your packets get off the internet, and onto the Telnyx private network as fast as possible. Choose your own PoP or allow us to determine the PoP with lowest latency.
An outbound profile is required in order to make outbound calls through the Telnyx Network.
- Assign a SIP Connection to an Outbound Voice Profile to enable full inbound and outbound connectivity.
- You can configure your Outbound Voice Profile depending on the traffic type that you expect to send over the SIP Connection. Choose between Conversational, Fax and High-Volume/Short-Duration.
- Establish a service plan to select where you want to be able to send calls, specifying allowed destinations, max daily spends and max destination rates to keep your costs under control
For more information on getting started with Telnyx, check out the below resources: