10DLC A2P is the new standard for A2P traffic on local longcodes. The goal is to provide better throughput and less blocking while at the same time allow the mobile terminating carriers to vet and verify the content traversing through their network.
The general steps for accomplishing this are:
- 1Create a Brand that identifies the business running the messaging traffic.
- 2Create a Campaign that is associated to the Brand.
- 3Associate the Campaign to a Phone Number.
Telnyx provides a management UI as well as an API to facilitate the creation of Brands, Campaigns, and the association of Phone Numbers to Campaigns.
Create a Brand
- 1On the Mission Control Portal, click on to Messaging.
- 2Navigate to Campaigns
- 3Click on Create Brand
- 4Enter your business information.
- 5Click Save. You will be redirected to the Campaigns page.
Vet a Brand
- 1Click the brand you want to vet on the Campaigns page.
- 2Under the Vetting Request section, choose "Aegis Mobile" as the Provider and "Standard" as the Vetting Class.
- 3Click "Apply for Vetting". Your updated vetting data will appear in the Brand Data section when finished.
Create a Campaign
- 1Below the list of Brands, there is a panel that contains Campaigns associated to the Brand. Click on Create New Campaign.
- 2Select the usecase for the campaign and click Next.
- 3You will receive the Carrier Terms as well as the Brand Score on this page. Click Next to continue.
- 4Add the Vertical, sample messages, and campaign attributes. Then, accept the terms and conditions.
Associating a Campaign to a Phone Number
Note: This step assumes that you already have a phone number and a Messaging Profile has been assigned to the number. If you have not done so yet, check out this guide.
- 1Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- 2Select the Brand. Then select the Campaign you wish to assign Phone Numbers to. You will be redirected to the Campaign Details page.
- 3Navigate to the Assign Numbers panel.
- 4Select the Messaging Profile the number is associated with.
- 5Type in the number you wish to assign the campaign to.
All portal UI actions described above are available via HTTP API. Telnyx currently offers an alpha API that is being updated as The Campaign Registry updates their offering. Current plans to roll this into the Telnyx V2 API as well as SDK access are underway and will be made available later in the year.
For documentation pertaining to the Telnyx 10DLC API, please viist our 10DLC API Documentation page.
For more details, see Frequently asked questions about 10DLC.