Migrating TwiML-based applications from Twilio to Telnyx
Migrating solutions built on TwiML to Telnyx only requires a few simple steps. Telnyx offers TeXML - a solution compatible with TwiML for defining call flows as XML documents. If you use TwiML REST endpoints to manage your application, there is a TeXML API with a feature parity.
To migrate to Telnyx you need to:
Create a TeXML application in the portal
- Create a TeXML application in the portal by selecting Voice -> Programmable Voice in the left-side menu.
- Go to the TeXML application tab and select the
Add new TeXML appbutton
- Provide the application's name and set
Send a TeXML Webhook to the URLand
If the primary URL fails, send webhook tofields by providing a URL to the backend server that handles the callbacks from your TwiML application.
- If you use TwiML bins, you can store your instructions using the TeXML Bin tab. In that case, the URL provided when you fill in the name of the file should be used to configure the
Send a TeXML Webhook to the URLsetting for your application
- Go to your number list by navigating to Numbers -> My Numbers and assign one of the numbers to the created TeXML application. If you don’t have any yet, please follow that tutorial to buy one.
Everything is ready to make a test incoming call - you can do that by calling a number that you assigned to the application.
You can find the list of supported verbs that can be used for defining instructions here: TeXML Translator
Using REST endpoints to control the TeXML application
Telnyx offers a set of TeXML endpoints that offer feature parity with Twilio endpoints. In order to use them you need to adjust two parameters:
- the endpoint address should be switched to:
- the authentication header should look as follows:
Authorization: Bearer your_api_key
If you don’t have an API key created yet, please go to the home page of the Telnyx portal and select
Manage keys. On the following page, you can create a new API key.
The example of the request to the REST endpoint looks like this:
curl -i -X GET \
-H 'Authorization: Bearer your_api_key'
The list of supported endpoints can be found under the link .