Configuring a Linphone Softphone
Linphone is an open source application using SIP. Since it was launched in 2001, it has become very popular, especially within the open source community.
This article guides you on how to configure linphone for making and receiving calls over the internet through a next generation carrier like Telnyx.
You'll need to have created a credentials based connection on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account, and assigned this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive outbound calls. This provides you with the username and password you will use to register Linphone with Telnyx.
- Download - Linphone’s latest version is available to be downloaded here.
- Installation - Follow the linphone installation guide.
- Configure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal
Once you've configured your Telnyx account, you can now proceed to setup your Linphone softphone.
Once Linphone is installed and downloaded, you can then proceed to create your VoIP account on your new softphone. You can activate a pro license or continue as a free user upon initial configuration. For this walkthrough, we'll continue as a free user.
- Run the setup wizard when the application starts up or you can run it manually by “Options > Preferences/Settings > Manage Sip Accounts > Wizard.”
- Select “I have a sip account and I just want to use it”
Fill in the following fields
- Username: The Auth username for the connection in the Portal
- Password: The Auth password for the connection in the Portal
- Domain: sip.telnyx.com
- Proxy: sip.telnyx.com
Go back to the main window and select the new connection from the “My current identity” box.
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of Linphone and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as the SIP provider.
To ensure your Mission Control Portal account is set up correctly- check out our getting started guide.
For extra support, have a look at Linphone's help section.
Need more help? Navigate to the Live Chat icon in the lower right hand corner to talk to one of our support team.