10DLC A2P is the new standard for A2P traffic on local longcodes. The goal is to provide better throughput and less blocking while at the same time allow the mobile terminating carriers to vet and verify the content traversing through their network.
The general steps for accomplishing this are:
- Create a Brand that identifies the business running the messaging traffic.
- Create a Campaign that is associated to the Brand.
- Associate the Campaign to a Phone Number.
Telnyx provides a management UI as well as an API to facilitate the creation of Brands, Campaigns, and the association of Phone Numbers to Campaigns.
- On the Mission Control Portal, click on to Messaging .
- Navigate to Campaigns
- Click on Create Brand
- Enter your business information.
- Click Save. You will be redirected to the Campaigns page.
- Click the brand you want to vet on the Campaigns page.
- Under the Vetting Request section, choose "Aegis Mobile" as the Provider and "Standard" as the Vetting Class.
- Click "Apply for Vetting". Your updated vetting data will appear in the Brand Data section when finished.
- Below the list of Brands, there is a panel that contains Campaigns associated to the Brand. Click on Create New Campaign .
- Select the usecase for the campaign and click Next.
- You will receive the Carrier Terms as well as the Brand Score on this page. Click Next to continue.
- Add the Vertical, sample messages, and campaign attributes. Then, accept the terms and conditions.
Note: This step assumes that you already have a phone number and a Messaging Profile has been assigned to the number. If you have not done so yet, check out this guide.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- Select the Brand. Then select the Campaign you wish to assign Phone Numbers to. You will be redirected to the Campaign Details page.
- Navigate to the Assign Numbers panel.
- Select the Messaging Profile the number is associated with.
- Type in the number you wish to assign the campaign to.
All portal UI actions described above are available via HTTP API. Telnyx currently offers an alpha API that is being updated as The Campaign Registry updates their offering. Current plans to roll this into the Telnyx V2 API as well as SDK access are underway and will be made available later in the year.
For more details, see Frequently asked questions about 10DLC .