Zoiper 5 Intro
Zoiper is a softphone client that can be downloaded and installed on different platforms; such as mobile devices or computers.
You'll need to have created a credentials based connectionPORTAL on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account, assigned this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive outbound calls. This provides you with the username and password you will use to register Zoiper 5 with Telnyx.
- 1Download - You can download Zoiper 5 from here. This softphone client can be used on many different platforms such as linux, windows and mac!
- 2Installation - Instructions for installation on each platform can be found here.
- 3Configure Your Telnyx Mission Control Portal
Once you've configured your Telnyx account, you can now proceed to setup Zoiper 5 following the guide below.
Once Zoiper 5 is installed and downloaded, you can then proceed to create your VoIP account on your new softphone. You can activate a pro license or continue as a free user upon initial configuration. For this walkthrough, we'll continue as a free user.
- 1The below picture shows the initial interface. Choose create account.
- 2You'll want to select the dropdown menu and locate United States at the bottom of the list. Then you can enter Telnyx as the provider and select it.
- 3Next, you'll want to enter the username and password you obtained from your credentials based connection you created on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account. Then select Login.
- 4If the username and password is correct, an account will be created on Zoiper 5. You'll be then prompted to set up your sound, microphone and video settings. You can skip this step and come back to it later.
- 5The end result will be an account created on Zoiper 5 and a successful registration sent to our sip proxy (sip.telnyx.com). You'll see the account with a green check mark to signify that the registration was successful.
- 6If you click the account, you'll be brought to the account settings.
If you've created more credential based connections on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal, you can then proceed to select the Add button and configure more accounts on Zopier 5!
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of Zoiper 5 and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as the SIP provider.
Review our getting started guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly!
Check out Zoiper's help section for extra support!
Still using Zoiper 3? Check out our Zoiper 3 Guide.
Need more help setting up Zoiper 5? Click the Live Chat icon at your lower right hand corner and start a chat!