X-Lite is a softphone client, created by counterpath, which can be used to make and receive calls over the internet through a next generation carrier like Telnyx! X-Lite can be used on Windows or Mac OS platforms only.
You'll need to have created a credentials based connectionPORTAL on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account, assigned this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive outbound calls. This provides you with the username and password you will use to register X-Lite with Telnyx.
You can download the latest version of X-Lite here.
Details on how to install the application can be found in counterpaths resource centre.
Coming soon! This walkthrough will demonstrate setting up a credentials based connection which will provide you with the username and password you need to register a VoIP account on your X-Lite. We'll also show you how to assign this connection to a newly purchased DID which will allow you to receive inbound calls. Then we'll walk you through how to assign the connection to an outbound profile such that you can make outbound calls!
For step by step instructions on each of the requirements on the Telnyx Mission Control Portal, please follow this guide.
Once you've configured your Telnyx account, you can now proceed to setup your X-lite softphone following the guide below.
You must set up a SIP account on X-Lite and register with sip.telnyx.com.
- 1From the main menu, choose Softphone > Accounts Settings.
- 2The accounts window will now appear.
- 3You'll need to fill out the following fields:
- Account Name: Enter your name.
- User ID: Enter the username of your credentials connection.
- Domain: Enter sip.telnyx.com.
- Password: Enter the password of your credentials connection.
- Display Name: Enter your name.
- 4An example configuration looks like the below:
- 5At this point, you can now press OK. The softphone will attempt to register with sip.telnyx.com.
- 6If the username and password are correct, you'll see that the account has been enabled successfully.
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of your X-Lite softphone client and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as the SIP provider.
Review our getting started guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly.
Checkout X-Lite's help section for extra support.
Our knowledge base is currently undergoing a makeover which will include more up to date videos to match our ever growing platform.
Can't find what you're looking for? Click the Live Chat icon at your lower right hand corner and start a chat.