X-Lite is a softphone client, created by counterpath, which can be used to make and receive calls over the internet through a next generation carrier like Telnyx! X-Lite can be used on Windows or Mac OS platforms only.
First, you'll need to have setup a credentials based connection in the Telnyx Mission Control Portal. Once you've done this you should assign this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive outbound calls. This is the username and password you will use to register X-Lite with Telnyx.
- 1Download - Start by downloading the latest version of X-Lite.
- 2Installation - Install the application by following the guide in the counterpaths resource centre.
- 3Configure your connections in the Telnyx Mission Control Portal.
Once you've configured your Telnyx account, you're ready to start your setup of your X-lite softphone.
You must set up a SIP account on X-Lite and register with sip.telnyx.com.
- 1From the main menu, choose Softphone > Accounts Settings.
- 2The accounts window will now appear.
- 3You'll need to fill out the following fields:
- Account Name: Enter your name.
- User ID: Enter the username of your credentials connection.
- Domain: Enter sip.telnyx.com.
- Password: Enter the password of your credentials connection.
- Display Name: Enter your name.
- 4An example configuration looks like the below:
- 5At this point, you can now press OK. The softphone will attempt to register with sip.telnyx.com.
- 6If the username and password are correct, you'll see that the account has been enabled successfully.
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of your X-Lite softphone client and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as the SIP provider.
Take a look at our getting started guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly.
Checkout X-Lite's help section for extra support.
Can't find what you're looking for? Click the Live Chat icon at your lower right hand corner of your screen for help from our experts.