Linphone is an open source application using SIP. Since it was launched in 2001, it has become very popular, especially within the open source community.
This article guides you on how to configure this softphone for making and receiving calls over the internet through a next generation carrier like Telnyx!
You'll need to have created a credentials based connectionPORTAL on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account, assigned this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive outbound calls. This provides you with the username and password you will use to register Linphone with Telnyx.
- 1Download - Linphone’s latest version is available to be downloaded here.
- 2Installation - You can view the installation guide here.
- 3Configure Your Telnyx Mission Control Portal
Once you've configured your Telnyx account, you can now proceed to setup Linphone following the guide below.
Once Linphone is installed and downloaded, you can then proceed to create your VoIP account on your new softphone. You can activate a pro license or continue as a free user upon initial configuration. For this walkthrough, we'll continue as a free user.
- 1Run the setup wizard when the application starts up or you can run it manually by “Options > Preferences/Settings > Manage Sip Accounts > Wizard.”
- 2Select “I have a sip account and I just want to use it”
- 3Fill in the following fields
- Username: The Auth username for the connection in the Portal
- Password: The Auth password for the connection in the Portal
- Domain: sip.telnyx.com
- Proxy: sip.telnyx.com
- 4Click Apply.
- 5Go back to the main window and select the new connection from the “My current identity” box.
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of Linphone and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as the SIP provider.
Review our getting started guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly!
Check out Linphone's help section for extra support!
Can't find what you're looking for? Click the Live Chat icon at your lower right hand corner and start a chat.