Grandstream has been connecting the world since 2002 with SIP Unified Communications solutions that serve the small and medium business and enterprises markets and have been recognized throughout the world for their quality, reliability and innovation. Their open standard SIP-based products offer broad interoperability throughout the industry.
Here, we'll show you how to configure Grandstream to make and receive calls over the internet through Telnyx.
Before we start you should have a credentials connection setup with Telnyx. You'll also need to assign this connection to a number and an outbound voice profile so you can start talking with Telnyx!
- 1Download - Grandstream’s firmware updates are available to download from here.
- 2Product Resources - Grandstream UCM6200 series is available to download from here.
- 3OR: Grandstream UCM6510 series is available to download from here.
- 4Configure Your Telnyx Mission Control Portal
Once you've established your connections, you can start to setup Grandstream by following the instructions outlined here.
Create Telnyx SIP Trunk
- 1Navigate to Extension/Trunk that will drop down and click VoIP Trunks.
- 2Click Add SIP trunk and fill in the required information.
- 3Configuration Settings
- Type: Register SIP Trunk
- Provider Name: Telnyx
- Select Host Name: 22.214.171.124
- 4Connection Setup
- Connection’s username
- Connection’s password
- 5Save the changes.
Create Inbound Route
- 1Navigate to Inbound Routes within Extensions/Trunks.
- 2Select the trunk and then click add on the left hand side of the screen underneath inbound routes.
- 3Enter in the patterns which apply to this inbound rule. There is a good article found here to understand how to correctly format the pattern.
- 4In default mode select your default destination as Extension.
- 5After you have entered the new inbound route then click save in the top right hand side of the screen.
Create Outbound Route
- 1Navigate to the outbound routes shown below.
- 2Name the calling rule name to something of your choice and add the number pattern.
- 3Set your privilege level to match the service plan in the outbound settings on your Telnyx portal.
- 4Select your trunk in the use trunk section.
- 5After completing the configuration, click on "save".
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of Grandstream UMC6202 IP-PBX Trunk and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as your SIP provider!
Review our getting started guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly!
Checkout Grandstream's help section for extra support!
If you need some extra support don't fret! Our support team can be contacted by clicking the icon at the lower right hand corner of your screen.