In this guide, you’ll learn how to get started with Telnyx Programmable Fax within the Telnyx Portal. Just follow these simple steps:
- 1Sign up for a Telnyx Account.
- 2Create a Call Control/Fax Application to configure how you connect your calls.
- 3Buy or port a Phone Number.
- 4Assign your number to the Programmable Fax Application.
- 5Create an Outbound Voice Profile to configure your outbound call settings and assign it to your Call Control/Fax Application.
Step 1: Sign Up for a Telnyx Mission Control Portal Account
Head to telnyx.com/sign-up to sign up for your free Telnyx account. It’ll give you access to our Mission Control Portal where you can buy phone numbers, set up and manage Programmable Fax Applications, and more.
Step 2: Create a Programmable Fax Application in the Telnyx Portal
- Select "Programmable Fax" in the left-hand navigation menu
- Click "Add New App".
- For testing purposes, you can set the webhook URL using an endpoint you create at https://hookbin.com.
Step 3: Buy a Phone Number
You can search for, buy, and provision new numbers, or port existing numbers - all within the Numbers section of the Telnyx Portal.
Simply click on "Numbers", then either "Search & Buy Numbers" or "Port Numbers" and follow the prompts.
Step 4: Assign Your Phone Number to the Programmable Fax Application
Once your number has been purchased or ported, assign it to the Programmable Fax Application that you created in step 2. You can do this via the My Numbers section of the Portal.
Step 5: Create an Outbound Voice Profile (not required for Inbound)
To initiate an outbound fax, you must create an Outbound Voice Profile and assign your Programmable Fax Application to it.
Select "Outbound Voice Profiles" on the left-hand navigation menu, click "+Add New Profile" and set up your profile name. Add the Programmable Fax Application you just created above, the traffic type, the service plan, and your desired billing method.
You can also do this programmatically via our RESTful API. Check out our documentation for Outbound Voice Profiles.
That’s it. You're all set to start integrating Telnyx with your applications.