Video Rooms is a platform that enables developers to add audio and video capability to Web, Android, and iOS applications.
The platform consists of REST APIs, Client SDKs, and our mission control portal that makes it really easily to capture, stream, record, and render live audio and video.
A video application built with Video Rooms has to parts:
- Server: Our REST APIs and portal to create/manage room and session, configuring recording, or leverage our
Participants APIto moderator participants in a
Understanding the basic concepts of the video SDK will help you understand how it works. These concepts apply in general across all of our platforms.
Roomrepresents a real time audio/video/screen share session with other people or participants. It is fundamental to building a video application.
Room Statetracks the state of the room as it changes making it extremely easy to understand what's happened to a
For example: Room State could change due to a Local Participant has started publishing a stream or because a Remote Participantleft. A Stream represents the audio/video media streams that are shared by Participants in a Room
Participantrepresents a person inside a
Local Participantand one or more
Streamrepresents the audio/video media streams that are shared by
Streamis indentified by it's
Subscriptionis used to subscribe to a
Streambelonging to a
Dive a little bit deeper into our
Video Rooms platform to get a better understand of what its capable of, and what you can buid. Learn more about our Client SDKs and Server APIs.
Room class and the
Events that triggers and how they function.
- Rooms - manage Rooms
- Client Access Tokens - manage client access tokens needed to interact with a
- Sessions - manage room sessions, end a session, and mute/unmute/kick all participants in a given session.
- Participants - search for participants based on a number of filters like
- Recordings - manage recordings, including bulk delete.
- Compositions - create and manage compositions.