Configure a Zoiper 5 Softphone
Zoiper 5 Introduction
Zoiper is a softphone client that can be downloaded and installed on different platforms. Softphone clients enable Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls from computing devices such as mobile devices or computers.
Before we start, you'll need to have setup a credentials based connection in Telnyx Mission Control. The, you'll need to assign this connection to a DID and outbound profile so that you'll be able to make and receive outbound calls. To register Zoiper 5 with Telnyx, you'll use the username and password provided here.
- Download - You can download Zoiper 5 from here. This softphone client can be used on many different platforms such as linux, windows and mac!
- Installation - Instructions for installation on each platform can be found here.
- Configure Your Telnyx Mission Control Portal.
You'll need to activate a pro license or continue as a free user owith Zoiper 5 upon initial configuration. For this walkthrough, we'll continue as a free user.
- The below picture shows the initial interface. Choose create account.
- You'll want to select the dropdown menu and locate United States at the bottom of the list. Then you can enter Telnyx as the provider and select it.
- Next, you'll want to enter the username and password from the
- If the username and password is correct, an account will be created on Zoiper 5. You'll be then prompted to set up your sound, microphone and video settings. You can skip this step and come back to it later.
- The end result will be an account created on Zoiper 5 and a successful registration sent to our sip proxy (sip.telnyx.com). You'll see the account with a green check mark to signify that the registration was successful.
- If you click the account, you'll be brought to the account settings.
If you've created more credential based connections on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal, you can then proceed to select the Add button and configure more accounts on Zopier 5!
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of Zoiper 5 and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as the SIP provider.
Our getting started guide will walk you through how to set up your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account correctly.
Check out Zoiper's help section for extra support!
Still using Zoiper 3? Check out our Zoiper 3 Guide.
Need more assistance? Navigate to the Live Chat on the lower right hand corner to talk to one of our experts.