Configure a X-Lite Softphone
X-Lite is a softphone client, created by counterpath, which can be used to make and receive calls over the internet through a next generation carrier like Telnyx! X-Lite can be used on Windows or Mac OS platforms only.
First, you'll need to have setup a credentials based connection in the Telnyx Mission Control Portal. Once you've done this you should assign this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive outbound calls. This is the username and password you will use to register X-Lite with Telnyx.
- Download - Start by downloading the latest version of X-Lite.
- Installation - Install the application by following the guide in the counterpaths resource centre.
- Configure your connections in the Telnyx Mission Control Portal.
Once you've configured your Telnyx account, you're ready to start your setup of your X-lite softphone.
You must set up a SIP account on X-Lite and register with sip.telnyx.com.
- From the main menu, choose Softphone > Accounts Settings.
- The accounts window will now appear.
You'll need to fill out the following fields:
- Account Name: Enter your name.
- User ID: Enter the username of your credentials connection.
- Domain: Enter sip.telnyx.com.
- Password: Enter the password of your credentials connection.
- Display Name: Enter your name.
An example configuration looks like the below:
At this point, you can now press OK. The softphone will attempt to register with sip.telnyx.com.
If the username and password are correct, you'll see that the account has been enabled successfully.
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of your X-Lite softphone client and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as the SIP provider.
Take a look at our getting started guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly.
Checkout X-Lite's help section for extra support.
Can't find what you're looking for? Click the Live Chat icon at your lower right hand corner of your screen for help from our experts.