The last step is to buy Telnyx numbers, or port your existing numbers. These numbers will be attached to your WhatsApp Business profile when Telnyx provisions it.
Please note: Short code numbers are not allowed on the WhatsApp platform. The numbers must include a country and area code. Landline and cell phone numbers are acceptable phone numbers. This phone number must also not have been used with the WhatsApp Business API before.
To purchase a phone number from Telnyx, follow these steps:
- 1Head to telnyx.com/sign-up to sign up for your free Telnyx account.
- 2After signing in, click on Numbers in the navigation menu on the left-hand side of the portal.
- 3Click on the Search & Buy Numbers tab and enter your city, country or rate center.
- 4Select the number features you want. You can choose “Any” or check the individual boxes to select specific features: Voice, Fax, SMS, MMS.
- 5Click Search.
- 6Find the number(s) you want to purchase from the list of results and then click +Add to Cart.
- 7Click on your Cart in the top-right corner of the portal. The number(s) you selected should now be visible in your Cart.
- 8To purchase, click Place Order. Your number(s) should now be visible in both the “My Numbers” and “Orders” tabs.
- You’ll need to ensure that you have enough available credit to make the purchase. To add credit to your account, click the + button to the left of your balance in the top-right corner of the portal.
- Make sure
To port your existing numbers onto the Telnyx platform, check out this guide for a step-by-step walk through.
After these prerequisites are complete, let your account executive know, or reach out to a member of our Sales Team to provision a WhatsApp Business Account.