In this guide, you’ll learn how to get started with Telnyx Call Control within the Telnyx Portal. Just follow these simple steps:
- 1Sign up for a Telnyx Account.
- 2Create a Call Control Application to configure how you connect your calls.
- 3Buy or port a Phone Number (required for inbound calls).
- 4Assign your number to the Call Control Application.
- 5Create an Outbound Voice Profile to configure your outbound call settings and assign it to your Call Control Application.
Head to telnyx.com/sign-up to sign up for your free Telnyx account. It’ll give you access to our Mission Control Portal where you can buy phone numbers, set up and manage Call Control Applications, and more.
- Select "Call Control"PORTAL on the left-hand navigation menu, click "+Add New App".
- For testing purposes, you can set the webhook URL using an endpoint you create at https://hookbin.com.
If you are interested in using TeXML, you can create a TeXML specific application herePORTAL.
You can search for, buy, and provision new numbers, or port existing numbers - all within the Numbers section of the Telnyx PortalPORTAL.
Simply click on "Numbers", then either "Search & Buy Numbers" or "Port Numbers" and follow the prompts.
Once your number has been purchased or ported, assign it to the Call Control Application that you created in step 2. You can do this via the My NumbersPORTAL section of the Portal.
To use the Dial and Transfer commands, you must first create an Outbound Voice Profile and assign your Call Control Application to it.
Select "Outbound Voice Profiles"PORTAL on the left-hand navigation menu, click "+Add New Profile" and set up your profile name. Add the Call Control Application you just created above, the traffic type, the service plan, and your desired billing method.
You can also do this programmatically via our RESTful API. Check out our documentation for Outbound Voice ProfilesAPI.