How to configure Zoiper 3 with Telnyx
Zoiper is a softphone client that can be downloaded and installed on different platforms; such as mobile devices or computers.
You'll need to have created a credentials based connection on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account, assigned this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive outbound calls. This provides you with the username and password you will use to register Zoiper 3 with Telnyx.
You can download the classic Zoiper versions from here. This softphone client can be used on many different platforms such as linux, windows and mac!
Instructions for installation on each platform can be found here.
Coming soon! This walkthrough will demonstrate setting up an a credential based softphone client with Telnyx. We'll also show you how to assign this connection to a newly purchased DID which will allow you to receive inbound calls. Then we'll walk you through how to assign the connection to an outbound profile such that you can make outbound calls!
For step by step instructions on each of the requirements on the Telnyx Mission Control Portal, please follow this guide.
Once you've configured your Telnyx account, you can now proceed to setup Zoiper following the guide below.
Once Zoiper 3 is installed and downloaded, you can then proceed to create your VoIP account on your new softphone.
- 1As seen in the picture below, there is a settings drop down menu on the top right. Select this and choose create a new account.
- 2Select the account type as SIP and click next.
- 3Enter in the username and password you obtained from your credentials based connection you created on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account.
- User / User@host : username of your credentials based connection.
- Password : password of your credentials based connection.
- Domain / Outbound proxy: sip.telnyx.com.
- 4Click Next and then enter the name that you'd like to give this VoIP account on Zoiper 3.
Once you select next, the softphone will send a registration request to our sip proxy (sip.telnyx.com). If the username and password match your credentials based connection, the registration will be successful and you can then start to make and receive calls!
Review our getting started guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly!
Check out Zoiper's help section for extra support!
Our knowledge base is currently undergoing a makeover which will include more up to date videos to match our ever growing platform!
Can't find what you're looking for? Click the Live Chat icon at your lower right hand corner and start a chat!