How to configure a Yealink T Series Phone
YeaLink provides video and voice communication technology solutions for your business needs. This article guides you on how to configure your T series IP based hardphones which are SIP compatible, for making and receiving calls over the internet through a next generation carrier like Telnyx!
You'll need to have created a credentials based connectionPORTAL on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account, assigned this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive outbound calls. This provides you with the username and password you will use to register the Yealink IP Phone with Telnyx.
Coming soon! This walkthrough will demonstrate setting up a credentials based connection which will provide you with the username and password you need to register a VoIP account on your Yealink IP phone. We'll also show you how to assign this connection to a newly purchased DID which will allow you to receive inbound calls. Then we'll walk you through how to assign the connection to an outbound profile such that you can make outbound calls!
For step by step instructions on each of the requirements on the Telnyx Mission Control Portal, please follow this guide.
Once you've configured your Telnyx account, you can now proceed to setup your Yealink phone following the guide below.
When provisioning a Yealink phone manually, there are two methods.
- 1Using the phone’s keypad.
- 2Using the phone’s web interface.
Firstly, you will need to make sure the phone is hooked up to a Ethernet port for access to the internet, then follow the steps below for using either the keypad or web interface.
- 1Press the Menu button
- 2Navigate to Advanced
- 3Enter the default password, this should be "admin" unless you manually changed it.
- 4Navigate to Accounts
- 5Select an empty line and fill in the following fields:
- 1Activation: set this to Enabled.
- 2Label: Enter the name you would like to see on the screen of your Yealink phone (i.e. John Doe)
- 3Register Name: Enter the username you have set on your portal account.
- 4User name: Enter the same as you did above.
- 1HTTP to the phone's IP address. To get the IP you will need to do the following steps:
- 1Press Home/Menu button on the phone.
- 2Navigate to Status.
- 3On screen you should see your phones IP address(on screen as: IPv4).
- 4Enter the IP address in your web browser.
- 2Enter the credentials on the screen. These are:
- 1Username: admin
- 2Password: admin
- 3Navigate to Account
- 4Put in the following information for Account 1
- Activation: set this to Enabled.
- Label: Enter the name you would like to see on the screen of your Yealink phone (i.e. John Doe)
- Register Name: Enter the username from your credentials based connection.
- User name: Enter the same as you did above.
- Password: Enter the password from your credentials based connection.
Here is an example of a configuration.
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of your Yealink IP phone and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as the SIP provider.
Review our getting started guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly.
Checkout Yealink's help section for extra support.
Our knowledge base is currently undergoing a makeover which will include more up to date videos to match our ever growing platform.
Can't find what you're looking for? Click the Live Chat icon at your lower right hand corner and start a chat.