How to configure a Vodia Multi-Tenant PBX Trunk
Vodia PBX is designed with flexibility and convenience in mind. It offers both CPE as well as hosted deployments. This flexibility and convenience can be seen in the platform as well as in the phones and the SIP trunks. This IP-PBX can run on any major platform Windows, Linux or MAC OS. Vodia support all SIP phones out there with automatic provisioning for the mainstream phones like Polycom, Snom, Cisco, Grandstream, Yealink and more.
You'll need to have created a credentials based connectionPORTAL on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account, assigned this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive outbound calls. This provides you with the username and password you will use to register your Vodia PBX with Telnyx.
Vodia is available to download for free from here.
You can view the installation guide here.
Coming soon! This walkthrough will demonstrate setting up a credentials based connection with Vodia. We'll also show you how to assign this connection to a newly purchased DID which will allow you to receive inbound calls. Then we'll walk you through how to assign the connection to an outbound profile such that you can make outbound calls from your Vodia PBX!
For step by step instructions on each of the requirements on the Telnyx Mission Control Portal, please follow this guide.
Once you've configured your Telnyx account, you can now proceed to setup Vodia following the guide below.
- 1In your, Vodia PBX navigate to your Domain, and on the left-hand side choose Trunks -> VoIP Providers.
- 2Click on Add and choose Telnyx trunk.
- 3Enter the username and password you've created in your Telnyx account.
- 4Click on create
The Vodia PBX has the Telnyx template built in, so there's no need to enter the SIP outbound proxy and trunk headers configuration. Vodia automatically creates a dial plan for the domain so there's no need to create a dial plan unless you wanted to edit it.
- 1Navigate to your registered Telynx trunk, and scroll down to set the incoming call under "Routing/Redirection"
- 2Vodia supports the following inbound methods:
- Send all to the destination request URL
- Send all calls to a specific account
- Send to a 10 Digit DID
- Match extension after a prefix
- Use a list of expression
- 3For this exercise, we are going choose "Send all calls to a specific account" When you call into the system all calls will go the specified extension.
If you have multiple Telnyx phone numbers you would like to route into the Vodia PBX, you can follow the steps in the below section.
- 1Navigate to DID management in admin mode
- 2The DID management will help you configure multiple DIDs by assigning them to specific extensions the system.
- 3Navigate to your Telnyx trunk from your Vodia PBX system and scroll down to "Routing/Redirection" and choose "Send all to the destination request URL"
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of Vodia IP-PBX Trunk and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as your SIP provider!
Review our getting started guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly.
Checkout Vodia's help section for extra support.
Our knowledge base is currently undergoing a makeover which will include more up to date videos to match our ever growing platform.
Can't find what you're looking for? Click the Live Chat icon at your lower right hand corner and start a chat.