How to configure a Grandstream UMC6202 Credentials Trunk with Telnyx
Grandstream has been connecting the world since 2002 with SIP Unified Communications solutions that serve the small and medium business and enterprises markets and have been recognized throughout the world for their quality, reliability and innovation. Their open standard SIP-based products offer broad interoperability throughout the industry.
This article guides you on how to configure this PBX for making and receiving calls over the internet through a next generation carrier like Telnyx!
You'll need to have created a credentials connectionPORTAL on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account, assigned this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive calls.
Grandstream’s firmware updates are available to download from here.
Coming soon! This walkthrough will demonstrate setting up a Credential based connection with Grandstream. We'll also show you how to assign this connection to a newly purchased DID which will allow you to receive inbound calls. Then we'll walk you through how to assign the connection to an outbound profile such that you can make outbound calls!
For step by step instructions on each of the requirements on the Telnyx Mission Control Portal, please follow this guide.
Once you've configured your Telnyx account, you can now proceed to setup Grandstream following the guide below.
- 1Navigate to Extension/Trunk that will drop down and click VoIP Trunks.
- 2Click Add SIP trunk and fill in the required information.
- 3Configuration Settings
- Type: Register SIP Trunk
- Provider Name: Telnyx
- Select Host Name: 126.96.36.199
- 4Connection Setup
- Connection’s username
- Connection’s password
- 5Save the changes.
- 1Navigate to Inbound Routes within Extensions/Trunks.
- 2Select the trunk and then click add on the left hand side of the screen underneath inbound routes.
- 3Enter in the patterns which apply to this inbound rule. There is a good article found here to understand how to correctly format the pattern.
- 4In default mode select your default destination as Extension.
- 5After you have entered the new inbound route then click save in the top right hand side of the screen.
- 1Navigate to the outbound routes shown below.
- 2Name the calling rule name to something of your choice and add the number pattern.
- 3Set your privilege level to match the service plan in the outbound settings on your Telnyx portal.
- 4Select your trunk in the use trunk section.
- 5After completing the configuration, click on "save".
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of Grandstream UMC6202 IP-PBX Trunk and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as your SIP provider!
Review our getting started guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly!
Checkout Grandstream's help section for extra support!
Our knowledge base is currently undergoing a makeover which will include more up to date videos to match our ever growing platform.
Can't find what you're looking for? Click the Live Chat icon at your lower right hand corner and start a chat.