How to configure a 3CX PBX Credentials Trunk Version 14
3CX is an open standards IP PBX that offers complete Unified Communications, out of the box. Suitable for any business size or industry 3CX can accommodate to your every need; from mobility and status to advanced contact center features and more, at a fraction of the cost.
3CX makes installation, management and maintenance of your PBX so easy that you can effortlessly manage it yourself, whether on an appliance or server at your premise or in the cloud. This article guides you on how to configure this PBX for making and receiving calls over the internet through a next generation carrier like Telnyx!
You'll need to have created a credentials based connection on your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account, assigned this connection to a DID and outbound profile in order to make and receive calls.
3CX Version 14 is available to download from here.
You can view the installation guide here.
Coming soon! This walkthrough will demonstrate setting up a Credential based connection with 3CX. We'll also show you how to assign this connection to a newly purchased DID which will allow you to receive inbound calls. Then we'll walk you through how to assign the connection to an outbound profile such that you can make outbound calls!
For step by step instructions on each of the requirements on the Telnyx Mission Control Portal, please follow this guide.
Once you've configured your Telnyx account, you can now proceed to setup 3CX following the guide below.
You are now all set on the Mission Control Portal side and are ready to configure your Telnyx trunk within your 3CX system.
The video below will walk you through the process. We've also detailed out the steps below.
Confirm Your Network Settings
- Go to "Settings" -> "Network"
- "Ports" Tab: make sure your "SIP Port" is set to 5060
- "Public IP" Tab: double check your Public IP is correct and that you have selected the proper Network card Interface
Create Telnyx SIP Trunk
- 1Click on "SIP Trunks" from the navigation menu on the left.
- 2Click "+ Add Provider" near the top of the screen.
- 3Input a name (e.g. Telnyx_IP_Trunk) and a country.
- 4Select "Telnyx LLC" from the Provider drop-down list and click Next.
- 5Not seeing Telnyx listed? No Problem!
- Select "Updates" from the navigation menu on the left (should be the last option at the bottom).
- Select "SIP Trunk Template Updates". Find the "Telnyx LLC" update from the list and select it.
- Click "Download Selected" near the top of the screen.
- You should now see Telnyx in the provider list when creating a SIP Trunk.
- 6All of the information will automatically be added for the "VOIP Provider Details" step and you can simply click Next.
- 7Add the following below information for your "Account Details" and click Next.
- External Number: input the number you purchased on the Telnyx Mission Control Portal.
- Authentication ID: input the username you created for your connection on Mission Control.
- Authentication Password: input the password you created for your connection on Mission Control.
- 8This will bring you to the step where you can determine how you would like to have incoming calls routed. Configure these as you'd like and click next.
- 1We will now need to create an "Outbound Rule." If you are not familiar with doing so, you can use the following settings. "Define to which outbound calls the rule must apply".
- Calls to numbers starting with prefix: 1.
- Calls from extension(s): (leave blank).
- Calls to Numbers with a length of: (leave blank).
- Select Extension Group: (leave as is).
- Calls from extension group: (leave as is).
- Configure up to 3 routes for calls. The second and third route will be used as backup. For each route, digits can be stripped or added. Strip 1 digit for all 3 routes.
- 2Click Finish -- You should now see the newly created Trunk listed below.
- 3Click on the trunk and select Edit Provider.
- Select the "Advanced" tab and make the following changes.
- For "Require registration for:" select "Do not require".
- Remove the "GSM-FR" from Assigned Codecs.
- Click "Apply".
- 4Select the "Outbound Parameters" tab and make the following changes.
- For "Contact : User Part" in the SIP Field column, select "Custom Field".
- To allow private calling:
- "From : Display Name" and "From : User Part", select "Custom Field" but leave the Custom values blank. This will allow for private calling.
- Click "Apply".
- 5Select the "DID" tab and make the following changes.
- Input the number you purchased on the Mission Control portal and click "Add".
- Click "Apply" and then "OK".
You can now access the extensions section on the left pane in order to retrieve the default extensions username and password which you will use to register with your 3CX Server.
That's it, you've now completed the configuration of 3CX V14 IP-PBX Trunk and can now make and receive calls by using Telnyx as your SIP provider!
Review our getting started guide to make sure your Telnyx Mission Control Portal account is setup correctly.
Checkout 3CX's help section for extra support.
Our knowledge base is currently undergoing a makeover which will include more up to date videos to match our ever growing platform.
Can't find what you're looking for? Click the Live Chat icon at your lower right hand corner and start a chat.