In this guide, you’ll learn how to get started with Telnyx Call Control within the Telnyx Portal. Just follow these simple steps:
- 1Sign up for a Telnyx Account.
- 2Create a Connection to configure how you connect your calls.
- 3Buy or port a Phone Number (required for inbound calls).
- 4Assign your number to the Connection.
- 5Create an Outbound Profile to configure your outbound call settings.
Head to telnyx.com/sign-up to sign up for your free Telnyx account. It’ll give you access to our Mission Control Portal where you can buy numbers, set up and manage Call Control Connections, and more.
- Select "Connections" on the left-hand navigation menu, click "+Add Connection".
- Set the connection authentication type to call control.
- For testing purposes, you can set the webhook URL using an endpoint you create at https://hookbin.com.
You can also do this programmatically via our RESTful API. Check out our documentation for Connections.
You can search for, buy and provision new numbers, or port existing numbers - all within the Numbers section of the Telnyx Portal.
Simply click on "Numbers", then either "Search & Buy Numbers" or "Port Numbers" and follow the prompts.
Once your number has been purchased or ported, assign it to the Connection that you created in step 2. You can do this via the My Numbers section of the Portal.
To use the Dial and Transfer commands, you must first create an Outbound Profile and assign your Call Control Connection to it.
Select "Outbound" on the left-hand navigation menu, click "+Add Outbound Profile" and set up your profile name. Add the Connection you just created above, the traffic type, the service plan, and your desired billing method.
You can also do this programmatically via our RESTful API. Check out our documentation for Outbound Profiles.